Saturday, October 30, 2010

End of an Era

One of the first online communities I joined was the Conan group on the Mongooses Publishing forums. Because the licensing ended with Conan LLC, Mongoose has ended the Conan line and will absorb the Conan post into "Other Roleplaying Games" by the end of October. If it gets thrown to the gaming mixing-pot, the community would just get diluted. This was a great place to talk about Conan with a lot of friendly people, and it even goes off-topic with other sword & sorcery systems and settings from time to time.

For sometimes now, I have been thinking about making a new off-site forum to not just to preserve the Conan gaming community, but to have a community that focuses pulp fantasy in general. This community would have topics on supernatural horrors akin to Lovecraft, planetary romance akin to A Princess of Mars (each with sub-pages for settings, and gaming regardless of system), and sub-topics on books and movies and such on pulp fiction. I have been playing with the phpBB demo features, and I have the hang of it. The only thing I'm stumped on is a good name. I what the name to be evocative to the over-all theme. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears!

No comments: